Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New media marketing campaign

Good morning!

So I'm learning about how fast the world is changing.     At least the way we have traditionally marketed my business.    Going away are the Yellow pages book, traditional business cards and yes, even websites (as we currently know them) will eventually have a lesser presence.

All because so many people are now carrying smart devices.     These devices of course have smaller screens which means that we need to get our inmportant information to the consumer cleaner and faster.    And consumers want the information using just one or two "clicks".     Thus the increased popularity of FaceBook, QR codes, Pinterest, InstaGram and other apps meant to get you to the information that you want......Fast!

I have an interesting dilemma in approaching how to tackle this new issue.     I personnally Hate spam.    I hate being spammed!    So I promised myself that I would not in turn do this to my customers.   So I have to balance the need to provide information so that when it is requested or needed, it is available.     That is the only way that I'll survive in this new world.     On the other hand, I will Never spam customers in the hopes of getting that one or two more orders.

Some things that I found out in doing my research....    The way Google ranks a business on their search engine changes daily!    Some of the things that they are looking for are relevant content, relevant links and legitimate key word inclusion.    So that is why you see so many business' ask you to "Like us on FaceBook"!!!!!     It provides relevant links and gives the consumer a way to get to important information about the business fast.   Another way of increasing my ranking is to have my website, www.myswimplatform.com, show up on blogs, articles, etc......   (You noticed how I got that into my blog; right?)

While I understand the need to pay attention to this important aspect of marketing my Safe Step Swim Platforms, I still believe that the most important way to increase our volume is by treating people right, making a Great product and positive word of mouth advertizing.    That is what we will continue to do.

I do want to give a shout out to my friend Jamie who has been an important part of why Contemporary Fiberglass grew as fast as it did.    She designed and maintained the original website and obviously did a Great job.    The website will be completely redone shortly in order to make it easier to maintain and optimized in order to keep our first page ranking on the major search engines.    Thanks for all of your hard work Jamie!

So there you have it.....    I'll be more active on FaceBook, Pinterest, and these other apps in order to attempt to drive more customers to the information about Contemporary Fiberglass that will allow them to make a good, informed decision.

After you are done reading this.....you know what to do-    Like us on FaceBook!

Cheers,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment